Renault, Dacia, Volkswagen and Tesla: drop in EV registrations!

New car sales fell in Europe throughout June. Sales of electric vehicles are falling in Europe for the first time since April 2020.

In June 2022, a total of 1,054,807 new car registrations were recorded across Europe, which represents a 17% decrease compared to the 1,268,508 units recorded in June 2021. This is the worst month of June for since 1993.

Electric vehicles have also been impacted. JATO reports that 215,000 battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids were registered in June 2022, down 8% from the 233,000 units registered a year ago. This represents the largest drop in EV registrations since April 2020, when the coronavirus pandemic began. Electric vehicles accounted for 62% of these registrations, while the remaining 38% were plug-in hybrids.

In addition, JATO notes that the drop in demand for electric vehicles has affected Renault, Volkswagen, Tesla, Audi, Skoda and Ford the most. However, Mercedes, BMW, Peugeot, Kia, Fiat and Cupra saw growth in sales of their electric vehicles. Nevertheless, the Y model remains at the top of electric vehicle sales, the Fiat 500e coming in second place with 7,269 registered units. That puts it ahead of the Tesla Model 3 (6,176), Peugeot e-208 (5,626) and Skoda Enyaq with 5,484 sales.

Leading PHEV sales, the Ford Kuga with 3,952 units sold, positions it ahead of the Kia Sportage (2,881), Cupra Formentor (2,833), Hyundai Tucson (2,626), the BMW 3 Series (2,623).

Leave a Comment